HV Electrical Cable Testing and Condition Monitoring Engineer
About the business
The MM Group is a collection of highly respected electrical engineering consultancy firms that offer clients support in the life cycle management of HV electrical assets (motors, generators, switchgear, cables, transformers & auxiliary equipment). Subsidiaries include Machinemonitor Pty Ltd and TxMonitor Pty Ltd.
Our head office is in Newcastle NSW Australia, with offices in Brisbane, Darwin, Perth and Hamilton NZ. MM Group have undertaken consulting projects widely across New Zealand & Australia and has completed numerous projects in Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, South Africa and USA.
Due to the ongoing expansion of the business, we are looking for experienced Senior Cable Testing Engineers to join our Brisbane, Newcastle and Perth operations.
About the role
The successful candidates will lead the development of the HV Cable testing capability within the group. Ideally candidates will hold a Bachelors Degree in Electrical engineering with postgraduate qualifications preferred. You will have at least 10 years site experience in electrical disciplines, with specific experience in all aspects of HV Cable testing.
- Business development related to Cable Testing services
- Development of cable testing procedures, processes and capabilities
- Develop cable asset management strategies for clients
- Coordinate field service delivery
- Undertake project planning tasks, including rigorous job planning and QHSE risk management
- Perform HV electrical testing across all HV assets such as cables, generators, motors, transformers and switchgear
- Record test results on the relevant test certificates and compile test reports
- Liaise with client representatives
Skills and experience
- Infallible focus on QHSE
- Experience in site HV testing and electrical condition monitoring – particularly with respect to cables
- Expert experience in industry-leading cable testing instruments and equipment
- Experience using industry-standard HV testing equipment
- Experience in preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance techniques for electrical assets
- Advanced computer & communication skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook essential)
- Ability to work both autonomously & as part of a team
- Excellent spoken & written English including spelling & punctuation
- Strong organisational skills
In this role you will enjoy opportunities to travel interstate and overseas from time-to-time.
To express interest in the position please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Machinemonitor Pty Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.